Need more time in your day? Do you like short cuts or cheats? We do too! Our coffee filter hacks will have you looking at your coffee filters differently from now on.
Welcome to The Hard Hat Belles little world on the web. We are all about doing DIYs, LIYs, Crafts and Recipes with a great deal of laughs and fun. So grab that cup of coffee (just because it is coffee filter hacks today and I LOVE my coffee!), pull up a seat and learn how you can use those coffee filters to make and take some short cuts to leave you more time for your busy life.
When I was younger I really wasn’t much of a coffee drinker so I really had no need to learn about coffee or those paper coffee filters. I would drink it occasionally while socializing, but I can honestly say that I don’t really remember liking it much then either.
I can’t remember when I began to enjoy coffee. I think it was somewhere between my husband, Bill, who was a truck driver and drank coffee by the truck loads and my need to fill it full of sugar and milk. Somewhere down that road I started drinking coffee every morning and throughout the day……..I do draw the line at drinking it after six because I really can’t afford to stay awake until four in the morning. So I learned more about coffee and coffee filters.
Eventually, I began to look forward to my coffee. Now I take it with flavored creamer (yea, tons of sugar there too). My favorite is International Delight Hershey Chocolate Caramel Creamer. What’s your favorite way to drink it (leave a comment below)? For me it is the only reason to get up in the mornings……yea for coffee! Seriously, I am not a morning person and I need that cup of Java for a boost. However, I do have to drink decaffeinated though or you can just wait and peel me off the ceiling and walls later.
Today we are publishing a video and this blog dedicated to the almighty coffee filter. Did you know that the difference between the white and brown coffee filters is that the white ones have been bleached. For more information on that and the history of coffee filters (interesting story) stop by the driftaway.coffee website. White or brown – coffee filters have a lot of uses that they can be used for besides brewing that special cup-of-stuff for you. We’ve listed several ideas for you, but let your imagination go and see how many different uses you can come up with. Remember you can also check out Pinterest and Google for more ideas. Let us know in the comments below.
- Wipe down windows and mirrors lint free (wet & dry)
- Wrap cut celery stalks in a coffee filter before putting them in a plastic bag to store in the refrigerator – keeps them fresh longer
- To sprout seeds, dampen a coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a zip-lock plastic bag
- Clean hands of dirt if you forget your garden gloves
- Doing something to get sweaty? Awesome to wipe sweat, dirt and oils off your face.
- Keep some in your pocket when walking your pet for quick clean ups
- Use in the bottom of a planter to block holes that allow dirt to trickle through
- Use as disposable bowls for individual snacks
- Great for holding hot dogs and tacos together (especially for little hands)
- Keep a package in your car in place of napkins or paper towels (and they are sturdier)
- Wrap Christmas decorations in
- Get those finger prints off your glasses/sunglasses lint free (my fav)
- Use in place of cotton balls removing nail polish (lint free-no more strings of cotton)
- Use as a disposable cover in the microwave
- Use as a potpourri holder for dressers and closets
- Put flavorings (bay leaves, woody herb stems, etc.) in a coffee filter, tie with string, and stick in soup while cooking for quick and easy removal later.
- Multi purpose camping tool (every camper should have them on hand)
- Use as a strainer (for tea, pulp & seeds from juice)
- And finally they not only work great on the bottom of the compost container to keep it all together, but the coffee filters are earth friendly (biodegradable)
- THHB Disclaimer
To watch The Hard Hat Belle tutorial our creative uses for coffee filters click our video here or watch it below.
When we can unearth our video editor I will INSERT VIDEO HERE. Watch our Facebook page to find out when that takes place. Thanks for hanging in there with us!
To get updates on The Hard Hat Belles blog please subscribe here: [wysija_form id=”4″]
To watch more of our videos check out our YouTube channel “TheHard Hat Belles” or you can find us here The Hard Hat Belles. Once there like and subscribe to receive notifications of the latest video releases.
If you have any comments about your coffee filter uses or other ideas, please let us know below in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you.
Love & Hugs,