We are just having a huge laugh here at The Hard Hat Belles and we are glad you can join us. Go get that cup-o-stuff that gets you through the day and grab a seat and let’s watch Wiebke at her April Fool’s Day pranking best.
April Fool’s Day Prankster
Wiebke loves April Fool’s Day as it allows her to get even crazier than her normal fun loving crazy. I was out of town last year, but I am sure she has something waiting for me this year. So, I plan to be on the lookout!
I have to say that I feel for her husband, Kevin and her son, Sidney.
Wiebke has told me about some of her past antics and it just cracks me up. The one I love the best is the amazingly look alike dog poop prank she found on Pinterest. Wiebke and
her sister, Burni took cardboard toilet paper inserts and made them to look like dog poop. They preformed this maniacal act the night before while all in the house were safely (or so they thought) tucked in bed. As they created their magic dog poop prank in the quiet of
the night there were no witnesses to be found as to why they constantly snickered.
After creating their devious magic dog poop and adding some water for extra effect, they placed it right next to the refrigerator. Wiebke (April Fool’s prankster #1) knew her husband’s routine so well – so she placed the evidence where he wouldn’t quite notice it, but where it would be within his foot traffic.
When Kevin got up for work the next morning and went to the refrigerator ……. yep………he stepped in it. Well, let’s just say that their poor dog got the first brunt of his reaction (verbally), while Wiebke laid in bed rolling with laughter.
Over the years she has pulled her April Fool’s Day pranks on her family and any susceptible victims she could and can find.
This year we wanted to share this very quick and easy fake bacon and egg meal with you. This is guaranteed to be a hit with your family after you prank them with it!
April Fool’s Day Fake Egg Prank Recipes
For the white chocolate miniature eggs you need:
White chocolate candy melts or bark, yellow M&M’s (we used the peanut M&M’s, but they now have these really big over sized M&M’s), spoon, wax paper or parchment paper, baking sheet, microwavable bowl, and a microwave oven.
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Add ½ cup white chocolate melts (or bark) to a microwavable glass bowl.
- Next, stick the bowl into the microwave for 30 seconds on high, stir and repeat at 20 second intervals until all chocolate has melted – you want it to be a very liquid texture (warning – be careful not to overcook it).
- With a spoon, apply a mound of white chocolate onto the wax paper. Making sure it is shaped like a fried egg. We swirled the white chocolate to shape (as no egg is perfectly centered-or at least not mine).
- Add a yellow M& M for the yolk slightly off to the side pressing lightly.
For VeeBee’s healthy April Fool’s egg you need:
A plate, a spoon, some Greek yogurt, and canned apricot halves.
- Spoon the Greek yogurt onto a plate, shaping it into a fried egg white shape.
- Place the apricot half on the “egg white” shape. You will want to look for the best “egg yolk” looking apricot half.
Special Bonus: Fake Bacon Recipe
You will need:
Caramels and mini Tootsie Rolls (adapted from Pinterest pin-stop in here to get the link – they have awesome step-by-step pictures to show you).
- Take one caramel and one Tootsie Roll.
- You can warm them up or let your hands do the job.
- Place the caramel on top of the Tootsie Roll.
- Roll them together.
- Slice them lengthwise.
- Place them together side by side
- Roll them one final time
- Form them to look like bacon.
Extra Special Bonus: Miniature Fake Egg Recipe for Peonie
A super small skillet or plate (or even put them on cupcakes!), a spoon, some Greek yogurt, and mini yellow M & M’s.
- Spoon the Greek yogurt onto a skillet or plate, shaping it into a fried egg white shape.
- Place the the mini yellow M & M on the “egg white” shape slightly off to the side for a real look.
Whether you plan to trick, prank or just have fun with your family and friends (big, little, or super little), these recipes are sure to be a hit once they get over the fits of laughter.
To watch more of our crazy videos check out our YouTube channel “TheHard Hat Belles” or click The Hard Hat Belles to go directly there. Once there like and subscribe to receive notifications of the latest video releases.
Please subscribe to our blog here or above so we can keep you up to date on what we have been doing.
Please let us know how your April Fool’s Day pranking went below in the comments or you can post them to our Facebook page by clicking here.
Love & Hugs,
Denine & Wiebke